Attorneys Robert, David and James Cody

Protecting The Rights Of The Injured Let the Codys Fight for You

Securing Compensation For Victims Who Are Partially Responsible For Causing An Accident

While many motor vehicle accidents are caused by one person’s negligence, there are situations in which both drivers share blame for a crash. If you believe that you are partially at fault for a collision, it is a mistake to assume that you cannot receive compensation for your injuries.

Under Minnesota’s modified comparative negligence law, drivers are eligible to recover damages when they are less than 50 percent responsible for the crash. In Vadnais Heights, The Cody Law Group has the skill necessary to handle complex personal injury claims for individuals and families needing financial assistance after a severe motor vehicle collision.

What You Need To Know About Modified Comparative Negligence Laws

Before you may file a claim against the other driver, you will need to file a claim with your own auto insurance company. If your expenses cannot be covered by your personal injury protection insurance, you may be eligible to pursue a comparative negligence claim.

When you consult with our attorneys about your accident claim, we will study the circumstances leading up to your collision and review your medical records. In order to qualify to receive a payout for your injuries, you must prove:

  • That your medical expenses exceeded $4,000
  • That the accident caused a severe disability, led to a life-changing injury, disfigurement or death

Our firm has over 60 years of combined personal injury experience. We know how to create persuasive arguments that get results in and out of Minnesota courtrooms. This is not a legal matter that you should handle alone. You can depend on us to answer your personal injury questions honestly and to seek out the most effective options.

Connect With Us Today

We respond to client inquiries quickly because we know that there is a lot at stake after an auto accident. Please email or call 612-444-9418 to speak to a qualified lawyer.