What Types Of Injuries Can Result From A Car Accident?
Through a personal injury claim, a person injured by negligent or reckless driver can seek compensation. If you were injured in a car crash, you may wonder if your injuries merit a personal injury claim. Let the attorneys at The Cody Law Group answer your questions and guide you through the claims process.
Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Serious motor vehicle accidents often result in significant injuries that involve considerable expense for care and rehabilitation. To recoup compensation, you may need to file a personal injury claim. Examples of common injuries from car accidents include:
- Broken bones: Although most broken bones are easily treatable, complications from severe fractures can arise. Acute problems include infection, blood loss and tissue damage. Delayed complications can involve malunion, embolism and loss of function.
- Severe burns: Complications from burns can arise from the wound itself or the body’s vulnerability during the healing and treatment process. Problems burn victims face include sepsis, circulatory issues, permanent scarring and mobility issues.
- Spinal cord injuries: A spinal cord injury can result in loss of movement, feeling and bodily control. In severe cases, the victim may become paraplegic or quadriplegic, losing muscle strength in their extremities.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): TBIs describe a broad spectrum of disabilities stemming from an injury that disrupts normal brain function. TBI victims may suffer permanent physical and cognitive problems.
- Loss of limb: Accident victims may lose a limb in an accident after suffering trauma to the body, or the limb may be surgically amputated later out of medical necessity. Post amputation complications include infection, muscle weakness and contractures, joint instability and intense pain.
Have Additional Questions?
Do you have additional questions about injuries that merit a claim? Send us an email or call 612-444-9418 to schedule an appointment. From our offices in Vadnais Heights, our lawyers serve car accident victims throughout Minnesota.